The mission of Reality House Programs, Inc. is to provide a broad continuum of community corrections in the least restrictive and most productive environment; while remaining true to our core philosophy of helping to maintain the rehabilitative focus of our participants, offering accountability to our courts, providing safety for our community, and seeking retribution for the victims of crime.
We believe in a prosperous future for participants who commit to a future free of substance abuse & crime.
Our strategy to fulfill our mission is grounded in the principles outlined by the Missouri Reentry Process (restated herein):
- Our participants can change and be productive citizens;
- The reentry process begins when the participant first enters the institution or seeks help;
- Reality House Programs, Inc. will help to ensure that there is seamless continuum of services for the participant coming from prison or other agency;
- Participants must remain sober and live in an environment that teaches sobriety;
- Participants must receive training, education, and treatment to help them be better prepared for the transition into the community;
- Participants must meet their obligations to their children to help reduce the intergenerational cycle of crime;
- Employment is an important element in ensuring that the participant remains stable;
- Ensure Faith-based and/or Family support elements in ensuring the participant’s future ability to reintegrate into the community;
- Participants must have help to access to healthcare services;
- Reality House Programs, Inc. must endeavor to enforce restitution for, and input from, the victims of crime.
This mission statement is reviewed by the corporate board of directors annually and updated as needed.